Pro-People for Seventeen Years
Seventeen years ago, Kabataang maka-Bayan (KmB, Pro-People Youth) was founded. Every year, we celebrate with our annual Solidarity Night, bringing together our rmembership, alumni, mentors, allies, and accomplices. On this momentous occasion, we reinvigorate our collective dedication to pursuing social justice, national democracy, and raising the next generation’s social consciousness. Here’s to 17 years, and many more!
Below is a select list of all we have accomplished over the past year.
KmB Year in Review
- Justice for Filipino American Veterans: March and Rally, Lobbying in DC, Appearance on LA18 Kababayan Today
- California Coalition Advancing Pilipinx Studies: Pilipinx Visibility Week, Huwag Tumigil Community Forum, #Double Erasure Campaign
- Love for the People Power: Commemorating 30 Years Since the End of the Marcos Regime
- Philippine Independence Day Parade
- No to Marcos Burial at LMNB Global Protest
- SCPASA Conference: Illustrate at UCLA
- SB1015 Lobbying: Supporting Domestic Workers’ Right to Overtime Pay
- Pilipinxs for Black Lives: End State Sanctioned Violence and Institutionalized Racism
- Vigilant LOVE Coalition: Ensuring the safety and justice of AMEMSA Americans.
- #NoDAPL: In Solidarity With Standing Rock
- End Fossil Fuel Dependency
- International Women’s Day March
- Ethnic Studies Now Campaign
- Historic Filipinotown Tours With USC, CSULB, and UCLA
- Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture
- #NotMyPresident Dump Trump Rally